Eastern Pike Youth Soccer Club's Fall Recreation Soccer hosts an estimated 450 participants from ages 3 up to 14. Games typically take place on Sundays in the fall at the Delaware Valley High School campus.
Eastern Pike SC’s Fall Recreation Program is designed for players to learn the game of soccer and grow as individuals while having fun! The recreation program is open to:
- Children who are trying soccer for the first time.
- Those who have played before.
- Players preparing to play in middle school and high school.
- Anyone that may be looking to take their game to the next level and move on to the travel soccer program.
EPYSC looks forward to welcoming players from Pike County, and the greater tri-state area of Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey.
The Fall Recreation Program will provide a fun atmosphere while focusing on developmentally appropriate activities and games. The curriculum will cultivate motor skills with an emphasis on the development of coordination, agility, and balance.
Most importantly, the players will have a great time playing soccer!
The fall recreation program is designed and overseen by EPYSC’s Director of Recreation Soccer, Director of Player Development, and Director of Coaching Development, along with the Club’s Board of Directors and senior coaches. The curriculum follows U.S. Soccer’s recommendations for age-appropriate activities and modified rules.
EPYSC strives to instill in each player a love for the game, the importance of good sportsmanship, and a commitment to teamwork. Many of our coaches are trained and licensed by U.S. Soccer and are committed to continually growing as coaches and teachers to help every young player reach their full potential.
Uniforms will be provided as part of the registration fees.
Eastern Pike SC is a registered not-for-profit organization that prides itself in keeping costs as low as possible to give all players an opportunity to play. In order to do this, participation in fundraisers is mandatory.
- U-6 games will be 6 v 6, NO GOALIE
- U-8 games will be 7 v 7 (6 field players and goalie)
- U-11 will be 9 v 9 (8 field players and goalie)
- U-14 will be 11 v 11 (10 field players and goalie)
- U-4, U-6, & U-8: Size 3
- U-11: Size 4
- U-14: Size 5
Beginning in late August and running until mid-November, most practices and games take place on Sunday afternoons at the Delaware Valley High School campus. Each Sunday afternoon will consist of a practice and age-appropriate games.
RULES OF THE GAME.
- Throw-Ins will be taken when the ball goes out of bounds on the sideline.
- The player taking the throw in must keep both feet on the ground and throw directly over their head, using both hands, without twisting.
- Goal-Kicks are taken when the attacking team touches the ball last prior to it going over the end line of the goal they are trying to score on.
- The defending team will kick the ball from in front of their goal.
- For U-6 and U-8 teams, the opposing team must stand roughly half-way between the goal and the the half-line. They must allow the opposing team to touch the ball before they can run toward the ball.
- Corner-Kicks are taken when the defending team touches the ball prior to it going out of bounds over the end line of the goal they are defending.
- The ball is placed in the corner and the attacking team kicks the ball towards the goal.
- U-4, U-6, U-8: Encourage the players to play the game with the intent with which it was meant to be played. Therefore, one player should not be put in front of the opposing team’s goal waiting for the ball to be kicked to them.
- U-11 and U-14: Referees will enforce off-sides.
- NO hands!
- NO slide tackling, at ANY age
- NO heading, except in U-14 games
- Goalies should only use their hands within a couple yards of the goal. Use your discretion as there will not be boxes painted on most fields.
- Encourage and help all players on both teams.
7th Street Athletic Fields
From New York State:
Take Rte 84 West. Take Exit 53/Matamoras. Turn right off exit onto Routes 6 & 209 North. Go approximately 0.5 mile to Seventh Street (Stewart's restaurant on left). Turn left onto Seventh Street and follow to end. Field is straight ahead. Make left onto Avenue H, and follow to parking lot at end of field.
Delaware Valley High School Campus
From New York State:
Take Rte 84 West. Take Exit 53/Matamoras. At end of exit ramp, turn left onto Rts. 6 &209 South. Go approximately 3 miles. You will pass Wendy's, McDonalds, and then Walmart. School is immediately after Walmart on the left. Turn into first driveway, go straight back to stadium behind Delaware Valley Elementary School.